[Parentenews] New Mexico Military Institute

NMMI Parent E-News desmond at nmmi.edu
Fri Apr 27 17:21:01 CDT 2007

ALL LINKS CAN BE FOUND AT WWW.NMMI.EDU

With just about two weeks left of the school year, you can feel the anticipation as we head towards graduation and summer break.   To keep up with all the dates, places, and times we suggest that you point your Web browser to the Master Calendar or the Parent Web Link.  We will post any details you should know as we receive them.

AFI:

The Department of Army visited the Post for their annual formal inspection on April 27.  This event allows the Corps to be inspected by the Army in order to maintain the Honor School Rating.   Officials from the Army held in-rooms inspection, in-ranks inspection, a drill competition, administrative inspection and posed knowledge questions to cadets.

Pacific Islands Club Annual Luau:

The Pacific Islands Club showed off their unique culture at the annual Corps Luau earlier this week.  Those in attendance were treated to traditional Polynesian food and given a demonstration and explanation of Polynesian dances.   It was a great time for the cadets from the Pacific Islands to recall  home and for the rest of the Corps to experience another culture.

Cadet Named 2007 Marshall Award Recipient:

Last week Regimental Commander Jared Wagoner was named a Marshall Award Winner. This award is presented to an outstanding cadet from each Cadet ROTC Battalion in the nation.  To find out more about Cadet Wagoner and this award, please visit the story on our News Link.

National Merit Scholarship Competition:

NMMI recently received word that two of our fourth classmen, Jayna Johns and Brandon Bourn, have progressed in the National Merit Scholarship Competition.   We will not know if they are semi-finalists or commended until September, but we still wish to congratulate them on this accomplishment.

Athletics:

There are only a few more opportunities to catch the Bronco and Colts in action this school year!  Make sure you check out the Athletics Web site or the Weekly Athletics Newsletter for schedules, scores and highlights.