[Allalumni] The General's Cup Alumni Challenge

Yerby, Karen alm_clrk at NMMI.edu
Fri Sep 14 16:22:45 MDT 2012

[cid:image003.jpg at 01CD9294.37714E40]

The General's Cup Alumni Challenge

On October 27th and 28th, NMMI and the NMMI Foundation will host the General's Cup Golf Tournament and Gala with the objective of raising unrestricted funds for scholarships and funds to support cadet activities now and in the future.

As part of the fundraising effort, NMMI President and Superintendent, Jerry W. Grizzle, has issued a challenge in the form of a $1,000 donation to 100 NMMI Alumni.  The first 100 alumni to match General Grizzle's donation will identified as the "President's 100" and recognized for their generosity at the Gala.
Major General Jerry Grizzle, NMMI Superintendent, pointed out the need for unrestricted scholarship funds when he said: "I'm hard pressed when I'm travelling or at some function and I meet that young person, that Number 1 Draft Choice, who wants to attend NMMI, and we want him or her to attend NMMI, and I've got nothing to offer but telling the kid to apply and we do have scholarships available.  I need to be able to shock the system and tell that young person "We want you, and here's a scholarship that shows we mean business!  In the Army we called that type of thing an "impact award" -- and it delivers an impact!"

Unrestricted funds will enable the Superintendent to award scholarships to deserving cadets, new and old, who share a passion for excellence in academics, leadership, and athletics.  General Grizzle invites you to join him in celebrating our cadets and assisting with the effort to provide them the opportunity for success.

The NMMI Foundation will administer the funds with the scholarships awarded by the President and Superintendent.

Get on board and meet the challenge!  Your participation and tax-deductible donation will help provide critical financial assistance and support to the outstanding students at our historic and high performing college preparatory school.

To meet the challenge and make a matching contribution or for more information contact the Director of Development, Nickie Vigil at 575-624-8621 or email at nickie at nmmi.edu<mailto:nickie at nmmi.edu>.  You may also mail a check payable to the NMMI Foundation, Inc. at 101 W. College Blvd. Roswell, NM  88201 or use a credit card on line at www.nmmi/foundation.edu<http://www.nmmi/foundation.edu>.   Please specify that it is in response to the General's Challenge.